Synchronization of contacts between Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and your Apple iPhone or iPod touch requires Apple iTunes. You can configure which items are synchronized during a one-time set up process.
After the initial setup, each time that you connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer, the changes made on your computer or device are synchronized.
- Connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer using the cable provided with your device or by placing the iPhone or iPod touch in the Apple Universal Dock.
iTunes opens automatically when connected to your computer.
- In iTunes, in the source list, under Devices, click the entry for your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Click the Info tab.
- Under Contacts, click Sync contacts from, and then click Outlook.
- Do one of the following:
- To synchronize all contacts, click All contacts.
- To limit the contacts that are synchronized, click Selected groups, and then click the groups you want to synchronize.
Note To select multiple groups, press CTRL as you click each group name.
- Click Apply.
Note If you are using a Microsoft Exchange Server account and have more than 500 contacts, all contacts might not synchronize unless you use Cached Exchange Mode. To turn on Cached Exchange Mode, see Turn on or off Cached Exchange Mode.
Outlook synchronization support for iPhone, iPod touch, and iTunes is provided by Apple support.