You can change an appointment, meeting, or event to update your Outlook calendar and to let other people know about schedule changes.
Change a single appointment or meeting
- Open the appointment or meeting. If you open an item that is part of a recurring series, in the Open Recurring Item dialog box, click Just this one, and then click OK.
- On the Item Occurrence tab, change the options you want, and then click Save & Close, or for a meeting, click Send Update.
Tip Drag the appointment or meeting to a different date on the calendar. You can also change the subject by clicking the text, and then typing your changes.
Change a recurring appointment or meeting
- Open the appointment or meeting. If you open an item that is part of a recurring series, in the Open Recurring Item dialog box, click The entire series, and then click OK.
- On the Appointment Series or Meeting Series tab, change the options you want.
- To change recurrence options, on the Appointment Series or Meeting Series tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence. Change the options you want, such as time, recurrence pattern, or range of recurrence, and then click OK.
- Click Save & Close, or for a meeting, click Send Update.
Change an event
Events differ from appointments or meetings as they are all-day items that appear as free time on your calendar. A conference or a vacation is an example of an event.
You can change an event into an appointment, by opening the event, and then unchecking the All day event box. Now, as an appointment, the time is marked as busy on your calendar. If you add attendees, your appointment becomes a meeting.
After you finish making changes, click Save & Close.
If you want to keep the event as an all-day event, but show the time as something other than free on your calendar, change Show As.
- Open the event on your calendar.
- Click Event.
- Change Show As to Busy, Working Elsewhere, Tentative, or Out of Office.
- Click Save & Close.