You can purchase subscriptions to services such as Office 365 plans, Lync (Lync: An Office program that provides instant messaging, a contact list, audio and video conversations, online meetings, desktop sharing, and more.), or SharePoint Online before or after you have an Office 365 account. You can also set up a free trial subscription first to see how the service works, and then purchase that subscription later. When you buy your subscription, you can choose payment options and set up auto-renew.
What are you interested in doing?
Activating a product key: You can purchase product keys and then activate them to create new subscriptions or to add users to existing subscriptions. Learn how to Activate your product key for Office 365 for business.
Getting started with a new account: Buy or try a subscription to Office 365 with a new account
- Go to Compare Office 365 for business plans and click the name of the plan you want to buy. Then, click Buy now.
- Create an account by filling out the Just a few details page.
- Follow the instructions to complete your purchase or set up your trial.
Note If you later buy your trial subscription, you can carry over any data and configuration you have done while using the trial version.
Adding services to an existing account: Add subscriptions or add-ons to an existing Office 365 account
- Go to Admin > Manage and purchase licenses.
- On the Licenses page, click Purchase services.
- Click Add next to each service that you’d like to purchase, and then click Check out.
- Follow the instructions to complete your purchase.
Converting or changing your subscription:
You can pay for your subscription by using a credit card or by requesting an invoice. If you request an invoice, you can also set up automatic payments from your bank. When you’re ready to pay, view or print your bill.
Important Be sure to choose the best payment option for your organization. Changing payment options involves calling billing support. For more information, see Change your payment method for Office 365.
- Pay by credit card: When you choose to pay by using your credit card, your subscription charge will appear on your monthly credit card statement. Make sure you keep your credit card information up to date.
- Pay by requesting an invoice: When you choose this option, you will receive an email message when your bill is ready to be viewed. You can verify the charges before you pay the bill. For more information, see Pay by invoice.
- Set up automatic payments from your bank: To set up an automatic payment, you need to give the bank the routing information. You can find the routing information for your account on your invoice.
By default, subscriptions renew automatically each year on the day that you subscribed.
- To turn auto-renew off, click Admin > Manage and purchase licenses, click a subscription, and then click Turn auto-renew off. Use this same method to turn auto-renew back on.
Turning off auto-renew will not cancel your subscription. To cancel, see Cancel my subscription.