With PowerPoint 2010, you can insert and play videos in your presentation. You can easily adjust the color, brightness, and trim the length of a video all from inside PowerPoint without having to use other video editing software.
Here, let's learn how to insert a video, and then learn how to edit the inserted video to create a presentation for a wedding.
This article consists of the following 5 pages.
Inserting a Video to a Presentation
Let's insert a video that contains a message from the bride and groom to create a presentation that will be played at a wedding.
Here, the video file "Wedding," which is already saved on your computer, will be inserted.
- Open PowerPoint, and then open a new presentation.
- In the title slide, enter the following text.
Title: Welcome to our Wedding Party
- Let's add another slide to the presentation.
From the Home tab, go to the Slides group and click New Slide.
Enter "Message" as the title for this slide.
- Now, let's insert a video to this slide.
In the "Click to add text" box, click Insert Media Clip.
The Insert Video dialog box appears.
- Click the video file that you want, and then click Insert.
The video is inserted.
||Tip: Another way to insert videos
You can also insert a video in step 4 according to the following procedure.
- From the Insert tab, go to the Media group and click the ▼ below Video.
- Click Video from File.
- Now, let's add a third slide.
Confirm that slide 2 is selected, and from the Home tab, go to the Slides group and click ▼ for New Slide, and then click Title Only.
Enter "Thank you!" as the title of the slide, and then insert Clip Art that matches with the "Wedding" theme.
||Practice: Inserting clip art
||For more information about inserting Clip Art, see "Using Clip Art."
||Tip: Inserting a video from a website to a slide
You can insert a link to a video posted on a website into a slide.
Here, let's learn how to insert a video posted on a website using the MSN video site as an example.
- Open your browser and access Bing Video, and find the video that you want to add.
- Click the tag (Share this video via email, Facebook, etc.), which is shown below the video, to display the Share screen.
- Click inside of the Embed box, and then press the C key while pressing the Ctrl key to copy the embed code.
* The location of the embed code may differ according to the website. Also, some videos may not provide an embed code.
- Open the presentation, and select the slide where you want to insert the video.
- From the Insert tab, go to the Media group and click ▼ for Video, and then click Video from Web Site.
- Confirm that your cursor is in the Insert Video from Web Site dialog box, and then press the V key while pressing the Ctrl key. Confirm that the embed code has been pasted, and then click Insert.
The video link has now been inserted, so you can play the video during the presentation.
*The method for playing the video is the same as when playing an inserted video file.”See "Playing Videos."
* For more information about links to videos posted on websites, see "Embed a video in your presentation."
Top of Page
“Playing Videos” is next.