Enable PowerPivot for Excel 2013
- Requires Microsoft Office 2013.
- Enable PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2013.
1. Download & Install Microsoft Office 2013.
Important: The PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2013 is only available with Office Professional Plus 2013. You must choose the Office 365 ProPlus or Office 365 Enterprise trial for download and installation in order to use the PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2013.
2. Enable PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2013 :
Important: The default installation of Office 2013 contains PowerPivot add-in disabled.
Download PowerPivot for Excel 2010
- Requires Microsoft Office 2010.
- PowerPivot for Excel supports 32-bit or 64-bit machines.
- PowerPivot requires a minimum of 1 GB of RAM (2 GB or more recommended).
Note: The amount of memory you need depends on the PowerPivot solution that you design.
- Requires Windows XP with SP3, Windows Vista with SP1, or Windows 7
1. Download Microsoft Office 2010.
1. Install .NET Framework 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime.
2. If you are running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, install the platform update.
3. Install Microsoft® Office 2010.
Important: If you choose a custom installation of the Microsoft Office 2010 Trial, you must install both Excel 2010 and Office Shared Tools. Otherwise, you will not be able to use PowerPivot for Excel.
4. Download PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel
Important: If you are using the 32-bit version of Excel 2010, you must use the 32-bit version of PowerPivot. If you are using the 64-bit version of Excel 2010, you must use the 64-bit version of PowerPivot. The versions are not interchangeable.
2. Install and configure PowerPivot for Excel 2010:
- Open the folder where you downloaded PowerPivot for Excel 2010.
- Double-click the PowerPivot_for_Excel.msi file, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
- After the installation is complete, click Finish.
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office 2010, and then click Microsoft Excel 2010.
- When Excel 2010 starts, a message appears asking if you want to install PowerPivot. Click OK.
- After installation completes, the PowerPivot tab appears in the Office 2010 ribbon.
- Get started using PowerPivot to Excel: learn how by watching videos and trying demos.
Download PowerPivot for SharePoint (IT Pros/Developers)
- Download SQL Server 2008 SP1 Trial. (Evaluation expires after 180 days.)
- Register and Download SharePoint Server 2010 Trial
- Install and configure PowerPivot for SharePoint.
Learn more about Self-Service Business Intelligence.
Top of Page