Choose your billing country/region:
Office Home & Student 2013
Accomplish more for home and homework
Best for families who want Office on one PC
Compatible only with Windows 7 and Windows 8
For a single PC
Office in the cloud
The latest versions of the essential Office applications, for one PC. Create, work, plan and share more easily at home and at school.
Install Office on one PC at a time. Non-commercial use.
Access your files and personalized settings at home or away.
Your personalized Office
Sign in for Office on your PC or on the move —and your personal settings and recent files are with you.
- Your custom settings roam with you. Sign in to your account and pick up your work right where you left off.
- Store files in the cloud. Office saves your documents to SkyDrive so your notes, photos, and files are always accessible.
Simplify how you share
Staying connected to family or working together at school is easier than ever with the latest Office
- Share and plan online and offline. Brainstorm school and home projects, share notes and plan in OneNote notebooks.
- Share the way you want, faster. Now you can find all your sharing options in one place in Office programs, File > Share.
Quickly turn your ideas into impressive projects
Unleash your creative side at home or for school. Get started more easily and provide polish with expert tools.
- Work the way you work best. Capture your ideas using keyboard, pen, or touchscreen.
- Easily work with different media. Drag pictures, videos, and online media into your documents, and expertly align them with ease.
- Save time and wow them. Use a template from the Word or Excel Start screen, or one of the new wide-screen PowerPoint templates.
|The latest Office applications
Word 2013, Excel 2013, PowerPoint 2013 and OneNote 2013
- Do more with Word docs: open a PDF and edit it, pop in an online video and watch it without leaving the doc, and use Read Mode for distraction-free viewing on any screen.
- Excel templates do most of the setup and design for you, so you can focus on your information. For greater insight, convert your info into a chart or table—in just two steps.
- Create stunning presentations with the new alignment, color-matching, and other design tools in PowerPoint, and easily share them on the web.
- Draw, handwrite, type, click, or swipe your notes in OneNote. Your multi-media notes are saved, searchable, and synced to OneNote apps on your other devices.
|7 GB online storage with SkyDrive
All SkyDrive users receive 7 GB of online storage with SkyDrive for free. Upload
documents, photos, presentations and more and then access them from a computer or
phone. Additional storage can be purchased if needed. With the SkyDrive desktop
app installed on your computer, your documents are also available offline.
|Your Office away from home
Free Office Web Apps sync with your SkyDrive account, so you can access, view, edit and share your documents, photos and other files from any internet-connected device running a supported browser.
Frequently asked questions
What’s new in this release of Office?
The familiar Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint include new features that help you create, communicate and work even more efficiently from virtually anywhere.
In addition to updating the traditional Office suites, we’ve developed brand new subscription versions of Office for home and school, specifically designed for the way you use Office today. Each of these subscriptions include the latest versions of Office applications like Word, Excel and PowerPoint, for PC or Mac. Plus offerings such as online storage with SkyDrive.
Subscribers will also receive future rights to version upgrades as well as per-use rights across multiple PCs or Macs and select mobile devices . The Office applications you can use across PCs, Macs and other devices varies by platform.
What is the difference between Office 2013 suites and Office 365 plans?
Microsoft Office is still the name we use for our familiar productivity software.
Office suites have traditionally included applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. In this release all the Office 2013 suites, such as Office Home & Student 2013, include the latest versions of the Office applications, for use on a single PC.
We use the name ”Office 365” for products that include features enabled over the internet, such as additional online storage with SkyDrive. Office 365 business plans include features such as Lync web conferencing and hosted email for businesses. All Office 365 products, such as Office 365 Home Premium and Office 365 Small Business Premium, are paid for on a subscription basis. Subscription terms vary by product.
Most Office 365 plans also include the full-featured Office 2013 applications, which users can install across multiple computers and devices. Active subscribers receive future rights to version upgrades as a benefit of their subscription. Entitlements vary by product.
What is SkyDrive?
SkyDrive is a service that enables you to upload files to storage in the cloud and
then access them from a computer or phone. You can use SkyDrive to store documents,
notes, photos, music, videos or other types of file.
SkyDrive simplifies sharing. You can send photos and files through email, send a
short link to them in a text message, or post them to a social network, your website,
or your blog—all right from SkyDrive.
There's also a desktop app for SkyDrive you can install that creates a folder on
your PC or Mac that automatically syncs with your cloud folder, so you can access
your files offline.
How much SkyDrive storage do I get with Office?
All SkyDrive users receive 7 GB of storage with SkyDrive for free. Additional storage can be purchased if needed. Customers with an active Office 365 Home Premium subscription receive an additional 20 GB of SkyDrive storage, per subscription, for a total of 27 GB of storage.
This additional 20 GB of SkyDrive storage is applied to the SkyDrive account that is linked to the Microsoft account used to create the Office 365 subscription account.
Are my documents stored on SkyDrive also available offline?
With the SkyDrive desktop app installed on your computer, your documents are available offline without any action required from you. The SkyDrive desktop app creates a folder on your computer that automatically syncs documents between your SkyDrive storage in the cloud and your computer, so you can work on your documents offline and be assured that they are always in sync.
Can people with another Office version open documents I create with Office Home & Student 2013?
Yes, a person with a previous version of Microsoft Office can easily open documents created with the latest release of Office.
Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 365, or Office 2013 users can open documents created using the latest release of Office applications without any additional action.
Customers using earlier versions of Office may need to download and install a compatibility pack.
You might also like
Office 365 Home Premium
For 5 PCs or Macs, 1 household
Office Home &
For 1 PC, includes: