When using Project Online in an organization with other people, you’ll need to add those other people as users of Project Web App.
Adding a Project Web App user involves the following steps:
Step 1: Create a user account in Office 365
First, you need to create a user account in Office 365 for the person you are adding as a Project Web App user.
To create a user account in Office 365:
- On the Office 365 admin center page, click Users and Groups on the Quick Launch.
- At the top of the list of users, click Add (+).
- Enter the First name, Last name, Display name, and User name for the person you are adding, and then click Next.
- Choose the appropriate options on the Settings page, and then click Next:
- Under Assign Role, click Yes if the user you are adding is going to be an administrator for Project Web App.
- Under Set User Location, choose the location where the person you are adding will be using Project Web App for Project Online.
- Choose which licenses you want to provide for the user you are adding.
- Click Next.
- Type an email address in the box, and then click Create.
Tip You can include up to five different email addresses, separated by semicolons (;). These email addresses will receive a message with the new user’s login information, including his or her user name and a temporary password. This information is also displayed on the next page, after you click Create.
- Click Finish.
Top of Page
Step 2: Share the Project Web App site with that user
After you have created an account for the user you are adding, the next step is to provide the user with access to Project Web App.
To share the Project Web App site with the new user:
- Click Projects in the top blue bar on the Office 365 admin center page.
- Click Share, just below your name in the top-right portion of the page.
- Type the name of the new user in the top box, and then select the correct account from the list that appears.
- If you want to include a personal note in the email message that is sent to the user, type it in the box below the user’s name.
- Click Show Options.
- If you don’t want to send an email message to the user, clear the Send an email invitation check box. Otherwise, leave the check box selected.
- Choose the permissions that you want the user to have by selecting an option from the Select a group or permission level list.
- Click Share.
After you have shared the Project Web App site with the right people, you might also want to add those people to the resource pool in Project Web App so that you can assign them to projects and tasks. For more information on adding users to the resource pool, see Configure the Resource Center and Add a resource to Project Web App.