If the meeting request for a Lync Meeting includes a dial-in phone number and conference ID, then you can call into the meeting. Calling in is handy if you don’t have a computer or prefer to use a phone for audio.
Note If you don’t want to call in with a phone, you can connect to the meeting by using Lync. For details, see Join a Lync Meeting.
- On your phone, dial the conference number listed in your meeting request.
Tip If you’re travelling, click Find a local number in the meeting request to find the numbers available for your current location.
- Enter the Conference ID by using your phone dial pad.
- Enter a PIN and work number or extension only if:
- You’re the meeting leader (organizer) and calling from a phone that isn’t connected to your account, such as a cell phone.
- You’re an attendee of a secured meeting that requires admits only authenticated callers.
Note Most of the time when you call in to the meeting, you get connected directly, and your phone number shows up in the participant list.
Note If you don’t remember your PIN, in the meeting request, click Forgot your Dial-in PIN, and follow the instructions about resetting your PIN.
Depending on the Lync Meeting settings, you might have to wait to be admitted, or you might get connected automatically.
- (Optional) When in the meeting, press *1 on your phone to get a list of the options you can use, such as mute, unmute, and so on.
Note Call-in details are provided only when the meeting organizer is enabled for dial-in conferencing. For details, contact your workplace technical support.
Top of Page