You can combine a new list with an existing list by typing the content for the new list. Word automatically formats the new list to continue the previous list.
You can also combine existing lists. When you add one existing list to another, Word automatically formats the second list to match the formatting of the first list.
- Select the list that you want to to combine with another list.
- Press CTRL+X or CTRL+C.
- Click the line below the list that you want to add to.
- Press CTRL+V.
When I combine lists, the formatting isn't updated
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Word Options.
- Click Advanced.
- Under Cut, Copy, and Paste, click Settings.
- Select the Merge pasted lists with surrounding lists check box.