- Click the shape that you want to format.
- On the Home tab, in the Shape Styles group, select one of the style options from the gallery.
To customize the style, click the drop-down lists in the Shape Styles group and choose formatting options:
- Fill – the color or pattern filling the shape. Choose or specify colors, set gradients or transparency.
- Line – the shape’s outline. Set the color, line thickness or type, or specify no line.
- Effects – add shadow, reflection, glow, or 3-D effects to shapes.
To apply formatting to the whole diagram instead of a selected shape, on the Design tab, in the Themes group, select one of the themes from the gallery.