You can connect to your Office 365 or other Exchange-based email account on your Nokia (Symbian OS) device. If you’re using a supported Nokia device that’s running the Symbian operating system, you can use the Nokia email application, Mail for Exchange, to set up your email using Exchange ActiveSync. When you use Exchange ActiveSync, you can access your account information, including email messages, calendar entries, contacts, and task information. If you only want to use email, you can set up POP or IMAP email on a Nokia.
Most Nokia mobile phones support Exchange ActiveSync Feature name for process that allows connectivity and synchronization between mobile devices and Exchange Servers.. For information about which Nokia devices support Mail for Exchange, see “What else do I need to know?” later in this topic. If you have a different phone, see Phone and tablet setup reference.
Note If you have an Office 365 email account see Use Office 365 on your Nokia (Symbian OS) phone for detailed information about how to use Office 365 on your phone or tablet.
Note If your Nokia phone is a Windows Phone, see Set up email on Windows Phone.
What do you want to do?
Set up Exchange ActiveSync email on a Nokia mobile phone
- On the Applications menu, select Applications > Mail.
- Select Create a new mailbox to start the setup wizard.
- Accept the Nokia terms of service and select Start.
- Select Mail for Exchange from the list of available account types, and then enter the following information:
- In the Password box, enter your account password.
- In the Username box, enter your user name, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Domain box, enter your domain. Your domain is the part of your email address that follows the at sign (@) and precedes the period, for example, contoso.
- Select Next to continue. The setup wizard will try to automatically set up your email account.
- If the wizard is able to set up your account, go to the next step. If this process can’t be completed automatically, you’ll need to enter your Exchange server name manually. In the Mail for Exchange server name box, enter your server name, and select Next. If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com for your server name. If you are not using Office 365, see Find your ActiveSync server name later in this article.
- Select OK when Mail for Exchange informs you that it isn’t recommended to use multiple methods to synchronize your contacts with your phone.
- Choose whether you want to synchronize your Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks by selecting the appropriate options and then selecting Next.
Find your Exchange ActiveSync server name
If your email program isn’t able to automatically find your Exchange ActiveSync server name, you may need to look it up.
If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com as your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
If you’re connecting to an Exchange mailbox, but aren’t using Office 365, or if you aren’t sure if you’re using Office 365, follow these steps to look up your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
- Sign in to your account using Outlook Web App. For help signing in, see Sign in to Outlook Web App.
- If you’re connecting to an Exchange mailbox, but aren’t using Office 365, your Exchange ActiveSync server name is contained in address bar in your browser when you are signed in to Outlook Web app - -but without the leading https:// and without the trailing /owa. For example, if the address you use to access Outlook Web App is https://mail.contoso.com/owa, your Exchange ActiveSync server name is mail.contoso.com.
- If you’re unable to connect to your mailbox using the information earlier in this section, you can try the server name value that displays in Outlook Web App options.
- In Outlook Web App, from the toolbar, click Settings > Options > Account > My account > Settings for POP and IMAP access.
Note Although you’re not setting up a POP3 or IMAP account, you’ll use the POP server name to determine your Exchange ActiveSync Feature name for process that allows connectivity and synchronization between mobile devices and Exchange Servers. server name.
- Under POP setting, look at the value for Server name.
- If the Server name value is outlook.office365.com, your account is an Office 365 account, and you can use outlook.office365.com as your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
- If the Server name value is not outlook.office365.com, you can try using the server name listed on your options page. For example, if the server name is mail.contoso.com, try using mail.contoso.com as your Exchange server name.
Top of Page
Set up POP or IMAP email on a Nokia mobile phone
For information about how to set up POP or IMAP email on a Nokia mobile device, see Set up email on other Internet-capable phones and tablets.
What else do I need to know?
- The Exchange ActiveSync server name outlook.office365.com applies to accounts that are on the latest version of Office 365 (sometimes referred to as Office 365 after the service upgrade). If your account is not on the latest version of Office 365 (sometimes referred to as Office 365 pre-upgrade), you need to use the procedure earlier in this article to look up your server name. Check out Am I using Office 365 after the service upgrade to determine if your account is on the latest version of Office 365.
- For a list of Nokia devices compatible with Mail for Exchange, visit the Mail For Exchange page at the Nokia Web site. If you’re not using a supported device, see Set up email on other Internet-capable phones and tablets.
- If you don't accept the policies sent to your mobile phone, you won't be able to access your information on your mobile phone.
Top of Page