On the Lync admin center Users page, you can change the settings for one or more users. Select their names, and then click Edit .
Configure general settings
- Click Users, and then do one of the following:
- To select a single user, click the user’s name.
- To select all users on the page, check the box next to Display name at the top of the list.
- To select multiple users, press and hold Ctrl, and then click the users you want.
Important If your organization has more than 1,000 users, see Lync admin center Users page limitations.
- In the right panel, click Edit .
- On the General options page, select or clear the check box next to the features you want to change, and then click Save.
|Make audio and video calls
||Audio only, audio and video, or none.
|Record conversations and meetings
||Not available with Lync 2013 Basic
|Allow anonymous attendees to dial out
||Unauthenticated meeting attendees can connect to the meeting audio by having the conferencing service call them. If this option is not checked, anonymous attendees must call the conferencing service directly.
|For compliance, turn off non-archived features
Checking this option turns off features that aren’t captured when the organization has set up an in-place hold in the Exchange admin center:
- File transfer using instant messaging
- Shared OneNote pages
- PowerPoint annotations
Select this option if you’re legally required to preserve electronically stored information.
Top of Page
Configure external communications
Normally you turn on the External communications settings for everyone in your organization so users can communicate with the following types of outside contacts:
- People in other companies who use Lync Online and have turned on external communications
- People who use the Skype public IM service
You can also configure these settings for individual users:
- Click Users, select the users whose settings you want to modify, and then click Edit .
- Click External communications, and then select or clear the options as appropriate:
- Lync users Lync users in federated domains
- People on public IM networks Users of the Skype public IM service.
- Click Save.
Top of Page
Configure dial-in conferencing
You can modify or delete the dial-in conferencing settings for a single user on the Lync admin center Users page. To make major changes to dial-in conferencing settings, see Configure dial-in conferencing.
- Click Users > UserName > Edit . You can edit only one user at a time.
- Select your audio conferencing provider, type or change the requested information, and then click Save.
|Dial-in conferencing setting
|Choose your audio conferencing provider from the list.
Toll number (required)
|The phone numbers you received from the audio conferencing provider. Format the numbers as you want them to appear in Lync Meeting requests.
||The participant passcode, or conference code, used to join meetings that are scheduled by this user.
Top of Page