The SharePoint Store is a public marketplace that you can access directly from a SharePoint site where you can buy apps from third-party developers for personal or organizational use. An app for SharePoint is a small, easy-to-use, stand-alone application that performs a specific task or meets a business need. You can add apps to your site to customize it with specific functionality or to display information.
To add an app to a site, you must have at least Full Control permissions for that site. If you are a Site Owner, you already have this permission.
- On the site where you want to add an app, go to Settings > Add an app.
- On the Your Apps page, click SharePoint Store in the left-hand navigation.
- Use the Categories on the left to filter the selection and browse for the app that you want.
Or, if you already know the name or tag for the app you want, you can type that into the search box and search for it directly.
- Click the app you want to add. Click Details or Reviews to learn more about the app.
- If you are buying this app, use the drop-down list under the price to specify whether you are buying it for your own use, or for use by several people. If required, specify the number of user licenses that you want to buy.
- To buy the app click Buy It. (If it’s a free app, click Add it.)
- Follow the steps to log on with your Microsoft account to buy the app.
- When you are asked whether you want to trust the app, review the Terms & Conditions and the Privacy Statement from the app developer, and then click Trust It.
- The app will now appear on the Site Contents page. You can go to the app by clicking it on the Site Contents Page, which takes you to the app.
Good to know:
- A Microsoft account is not the same thing as an Office 365 account. If you’re an Office 365 customer, and you don’t already have a Microsoft account, you can sign up for one using your Office 365 email address.
- Some apps in the SharePoint Store are free, while others are available for purchase.
- If your admin has not configured your site to allow users to buy apps, you may still be able to request an app. The person in your organization who manages the App Catalog site can approve or deny requests for purchasing apps.
Need support for a specific issue with the SharePoint Store?
Next steps and related tasks
Add an App Part to a page
Get Help for a SharePoint app you installed
Monitor apps for a site
Remove an app from a site
Top of Page