Data Type Text (text field: A type of field whose content is text. Examples include the Task Name and Email Address fields. This field can contain up to 255 characters.)
Entry Type Calculated (calculated field: A field in which the value is determined by Project based on information in other fields. Project may recalculate the value automatically or when you specify, depending on your choice of calculation settings.)
Description For each task (task: An activity that has a beginning and an end. Project plans are made up of tasks.) that has a deliverable (deliverable: A tangible and measurable result, outcome, or item that must be produced to complete a project or part of a project. Typically, the project team and project stakeholders agree on project deliverables before the project begins.) associated with it, the Deliverable GUID field displays the globally unique identifier (GUID) for that deliverable. For tasks that have no associated deliverable, this field displays a value of 00000000-0000-0000-000000000000.
How Calculated The Deliverable GUID field displays the globally unique identifier (GUID) that is automatically assigned to the associated deliverable. This value cannot be changed.
Best Uses Add the Deliverable GUID column to a task sheet when you need to refer to the unique identifier for your deliverables. This may be useful if you have two or more deliverables that have the same name, because even in such a case each deliverable will have a unique GUID.
Remarks You can only associate one deliverable with any one task, either as a deliverable produced by that task or as a deliverable produced by another task or project upon which that task is dependent.
To make project deliverables visible on a task sheet, include at least one of the following fields:
- Deliverable Type indicates whether the current task has an associated deliverable, and whether that deliverable is produced by the current task or produced by a separate project or task upon which the current task is dependent.
- Deliverable Name displays the name or title of the associated deliverable.
- Deliverable Start displays the scheduled start date of the associated deliverable.
- Deliverable Finish displays the scheduled finish date of the associated deliverable.
- Deliverable GUID displays the unique identification code of the associated deliverable.