Microsoft Outlook 2010 offers premium business and personal e-mail management tools to more than 500 million Microsoft Office users worldwide. With the release of Outlook 2010, you get a richer set of experiences to meet your communication needs at work, home, and school.
From a redesigned look to advanced e-mail organization, search, communication and social networking features, Outlook 2010 provides you with a world-class experience to stay productive and in touch with your personal and business networks.
Save time viewing, creating, and managing your e-mail
Think about how much e-mail you receive in a typical week today versus a typical week five years ago. We’ve redesigned Outlook 2010 to reflect these changes in your lifestyle and help keep up with the vast amounts of information you receive every day.
- Manage large amounts of e-mail with ease. Condense, categorize, or even ignore entire conversations with a few clicks. With new conversation management tools and the improved Conversation View, dozens of messages can turn into just a few relevant items. To start harnessing the power of Conversation View, go to the View tab in the Conversations group and select Show as Conversations.
- Send the right information to the right people and respond to e-mails rapidly. MailTips instantly alert you to potential distribution issues and Quick Steps take the multi-stepped tasks you perform most down to just a single click.1
Get easier access to the right tools
Locate the commands you need where you want them.
The improved Ribbon, available across Office 2010 applications, makes it easy to uncover more commands so you can focus on the end product rather than how to get there.
- Easily configure new and existing accounts, clean up your inbox, and visually see how much space is left in your mailbox. These are just a few of the many features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage view. Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu in all Office 2010 applications to provide a centralized, organized space to manage your accounts and customize your Outlook experience.
Connect with people and stay up to date
Whether you’re managing a team or organizing a family event, it’s important to stay connected to people inside and outside your office or home. Outlook 2010 brings together various e-mail and communication networks so that staying connected with the people you care about is fast, simple, and fun.
- Combine multiple e-mail accounts, calendars, and address books and easily manage them from a single, centralized view.
- Manage your schedule using the new Schedule View. View multiple Outlook calendars, Windows Live, or other shared calendars, in a streamlined horizontal display.
- View the availability of a person and reach out to them using a variety of communication methods ― all on a new easy-to-access contact card. 2
- Get additional information about people, such as mutual friends and other social information, and stay better connected to your social and business circles through the new Outlook Social Connector.
Access your vital information anywhere, anytime
Check e-mail anywhere and quickly locate those important addresses and phone numbers when you need them. Now you can stay connected to your work and personal contacts by taking the new Outlook experience with you. It’s easy to keep on top of things while you’re on the go.
- Microsoft Outlook Web App: Stay up to date and in touch. View your e-mail messages, contacts, and calendar events stored on Exchange Server using a Web browser.3
- Microsoft Outlook Mobile: Sync Outlook with an enhanced mobile version of Outlook specifically suited to your Windows phone.4
Manage your inbox, schedule, and contacts with ease, connect to various e-mail and social networks and obtain anywhere access to your information. Outlook 2010 helps you stay connected and in touch with your world at work, at home, virtually anywhere.
1 Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 is required for MailTips and must be enabled by Exchange administrator.
2 Instant messaging and presence requires one of the following: Microsoft Lync Server 2010 with Microsoft Lync 2010; Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 with Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2; Windows Live Messenger, or another instant messaging application that supports IMessenger. Voice calls require Microsoft Lync Server 2010 with Microsoft Lync 2010; Office Communications Server 2007 R2 with Office Communicator 2007 R2, or an instant messaging Office Communications Server 2007 R2 with Office Communicator 2007 R2 or an instant messaging application that supports IMessengerAdvanced.
3 Outlook Web App, formerly known as Outlook Web Access, is available to Microsoft Exchange customers. An Internet connection and supported browser, such as Internet Explorer 7 for Windows, Safari 4 or later for Mac, and Firefox 3.5 or later for Windows, Mac, or Linux, are required.
4 An appropriate device and Internet connection are required. Outlook Mobile is not included in Office 2010 applications or suites or Office Web Apps. Outlook Mobile comes pre-installed on Windows phones (Windows Mobile 6.5 or later).