|Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003
Microsoft offers the Office 2003 Add-in: Microsoft Outlook SMS Add-in (MOSA) download that enables you to send Short Message Service (SMS) text messages through most Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) mobile phones that are connected to your computer.
Using Outlook 2003, you can type your SMS text in an Outlook form and send the text to a mobile phone for delivery through your mobile phone network service. If your mobile phone can be connected to your computer, you are not required to install third-party software or to subscribe to additional mobile network services. This mobile phone-to-computer connection is typically through an infrared connection, Bluetooth technology, or a USB/serial cable.
The SMS messages can be saved as a drafts, grouped, and forwarded as standard Outlook 2003 e-mail messages.
- This add-in is a free product and is not supported by Microsoft.
- The Outlook 2003 SMS Add-in can only send messages from Outlook 2003 to a mobile phone. It is not currently possible to retrieve messages from the mobile phone by using Outlook 2003.
- This add-in supports only standard SMS. Flash SMS and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) are not supported. Other data, such as ring tones and logos, are not supported. Multiple SMS sending is not allowed.
- With the Outlook 2003 SMS Add-in, you can type only short messages that are transmitted by a mobile phone. Transmission quality is subject to the phone service provider; therefore, Microsoft cannot be responsible for the quality of end-to-end transmission.
- All costs associated with sending SMS messages are subject to the policies of your mobile phone service provider. Hence, Microsoft cannot be responsible for any transmission costs. Please refer to your carrier's contract for billing information.
- The Outlook 2003 SMS Add-in does not support non-Protocol Description Unit (PDU) standard GSM phones. Check with your manufacturer for details about PDU.
In addition, you can find other SMS solutions on the Microsoft Office Marketplace. The Office Marketplace on the Office.com lists products and services that work with or complement the Microsoft Office System, including Outlook 2003.