You can use a Business Contact record (Business Contact record: The location for storing Business Contact information, including information that is entered on the Business Contact form, linked records, and communication history items.) to link a Business Contact to an existing Account (Account: A business or organization with which you do business. If a service is being provided, such as dental or medical, an Account can also be a customer.) or to create a new Account. Only one Account can be linked to a Business Contact at any time.
- On the Business Contact Manager menu, click Business Contacts.
- Double-click the Business Contact that you want to link an Account to.
- In the General view, in the Company name or linked account section, click Account.
- In the Select an Account to link to this Business Contact dialog box, in the Folder List (folder list: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, double-click the folder. If the Folder List is not available, click Folder List on the Go menu.), select Accounts.
- In the list box, select the Account that you want to link this Business Contact to. Or, to search for an Account, type a name in the Search box.
- Click the Link To button to link the selected Account.
This new Account replaces any existing Account linked to the Business Contact record.
Note To add a new Account, click New, and then type the information. For more information, see Create an Account in Business Contact Manager.
- Click OK to add the selected Account and return to the Business Contact record. Or, click Cancel to cancel the selection and return to the Business Contact record without linking or creating an Account.
- In the Business Contact record, click Save & Close.