When you import rules (rule: One or more automatic actions taken on e-mail messages and meeting requests that meet certain conditions, along with any exceptions to those conditions. Rules are also referred to as filters.), they are added to the end of the existing list of rules. You can import only one set of rules at a time. When you export rules, they are saved in a file with an .rwz extension.
- Click the File tab.
- Click Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Click Options.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Import Rules.
- Select the rules file that you want to import.
If you want to import a file that contains rules other than those in the Rules and Alerts Wizard, such as rules that are compatible with previous versions of Microsoft Outlook, click the file type in the Files of type list.
- Click Open.
- Click Export Rules.
- Select the folder where you want to save the rules file, and then In the File name box, type a name for the set of rules that you want to export.
- If you want to export a file that contains only rules that are compatible with a previous version of Microsoft Outlook, in the Save as type list, select one of the following:
- Outlook 2002 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Outlook 2000 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Outlook 98 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Click Save.
Tip You can create a backup copy of your rules by using this Export Rules procedure.
Top of Page