Microsoft Online Services support partners are business and technical professionals who provide support to Microsoft Online Services users. The Microsoft Online Services global administrator can grant support partners access to the SharePoint Online Administration Center by using the Microsoft Online Services Portal. However, by default partners do not have permissions to access SharePoint Online site collections.
The SharePoint Online service administrator can grant support partners permissions to a site collection. If the Microsoft Online global administrator granted the support partner top-level permissions, then the support partners can grant themselves access to a site collection.
For more information about permissions, see the links in the See Also section.
- Sign in to the SharePoint Online Administration Center.
- On the home page, click Manage site collections.
- Select the check box next to the appropriate site collection. You can bulk edit by selecting multiple site collections.
- On the Site Collections ribbon tab, in the Manage section, click Owners, and then click Add Support Partner.
- In the Add Support Partner dialog box, select a name from the list.
- Click Save.
Note A support partner who has been added to a site collection permission group retains top-level site administrative permissions until being removed from the group.
Top of Page