Download Lync from the Office 365 portal on to the computer you want to use it on. If you’re borrowing a computer, you can easily download Lync to it and just as easily uninstall Lync when you’re finished using that computer, by using the Windows Control panel.
After you install Lync, open Lync on the computer it’s installed on, set up, and get started.
Important Lync might already be installed. If you have Office Professional Plus, it probably is. To check, click Start >All Programs > Microsoft Office 2013. If Lync 2013 or Lync Basic 2013 is listed, click it, and sign in. If Lync (or Microsoft Office 2013) isn’t listed, keep reading.
Here’s the short version of how to install Lync:
- Sign in to your company’s Office 365 portal, click PC & Mac, select your language, and then click Install.
And, the longer version:
- Verify that your computer meets the software requirements for Lync. For details, see Lync 2013 System Requirements.
- Go to the Office 365 portal, type your user name and password, and then click Sign in.
Note If you need account information, including your password, ask your workplace technical support.
Important For security reasons, if you’re not on a private computer, we recommend you do not select the Keep me signed in check box.
- Click PC & Mac, change your language or version if needed by doing the following:
- Under Language, select your language.
- Under Version , if you’re using the 64-bit version of Windows, click advanced, and then click 64-bit.
Tip If you don’t know which version you’re running, see Determine whether your computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system.
- Click Install.
Note If Lync doesn’t install, contact your workplace technical support to make sure your account includes the Lync Online service.
Top of Page