Choose your billing country/region:
Office 365 for Nonprofits
Office 365 is now available as a donation to qualified nonprofits.
Get anywhere access to familiar Office applications, plus professional email, calendar, HD video conferencing, and more.
Take advantage of the cloud to help your nonprofit deliver on its mission.
Reliable and up to date
Provide your staff with up-to-date and easy-to-use tools so they can do more social good.
Business-class email, document sharing, and web meetings
Access Office documents with the latest browsers across your devices
Manage and deploy via one console, always up to date, 99.9% uptime guarantee
Stay connected to your colleagues and the people you serve
Simplify the way you work together with powerful communication tools.
- Keep people connected. Connect even more easily with a unified contact card that brings together SharePoint, Facebook, and LinkedIn updates and lets you start an IM, call, or video chat with just a click.
- Online document storage. Provide IT-managed online storage to everyone at your nonprofit with SkyDrive Pro. Store documents in the cloud and share with others—even outside your organization.
- Hold multi-party HD meetings. Work together anywhere with conferencing that includes advanced sharing, note taking, and annotations.
- Help protect your data. Get peace of mind with a 99.9% uptime SLA, continuous data backups, robust disaster recovery capabilities, globally redundant data centers, and no scanning of email or files for advertising.
Experience Office virtually anywhere
Provide your staff with the Office applications they know, optimized for their devices, so they can stay productive wherever their work calls them.
- Office Web Apps. Free enhanced Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote Web Apps allow you to work across multiple devices, right from a browser. Multiple users can work on the same document together.
- Get Office fast. With the new streaming Office, you don’t have to wait for Office installs or stop working to receive Office updates. Plus, the new Office can be installed side by side with previous versions of Office.
- Roaming settings. Your recent documents, settings, and custom dictionaries follow your Microsoft account, so you can quickly pick up where you left off from any device.
Flexible and low cost
Office 365 provides the flexibility you need to run your nonprofit the way that works best for you.
- Unified admin experience. Easily manage Office 365 services from any browser, while still having advanced PowerShell commands available for automating management tasks.
- Free up valuable resources. Reduce costs and free up time associated with deployment, maintenance, and management of on-premises servers, providing more time for IT to focus on project-related workloads.
- Low cost. Office 365 for Nonprofits is available as a donation to qualifying nonprofit organizations and through deeply discounted rate plans, depending on your needs.
All Office 365 for Nonprofits plans include:
|Email and calendars
Use business-class email through a rich and familiar Outlook experience you can access from your desktop1 or from a web browser using Outlook Web App. Get a 50 GB mailbox per user and send attachments up to 25 MB. Use your own domain name.
||Host online meetings with audio and video using one-click screen sharing, HD video conferencing, and virtual whiteboard. Excellent for brainstorming.
||Connect with others via instant message and let people know your availability with your online status.
|File storage and sharing
SkyDrive Pro gives users 25 GB of personal storage that syncs with their PC for offline access. Easily share documents with others through Office or SharePoint.
||Work together on projects with team sites that help keep related documents, notes, tasks, and conversations organized together. Up to 300 subsites.
|Office Web Apps
||Create and edit2 Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Excel documents from any modern browser.
Sync email, calendar, and contacts; access SharePoint sites; view and edit Office documents with Office Web Apps using a browser on Windows Phone, iOS, and Android devices.
|Apps for Office and SharePoint
||New third-party and customer-developed apps work with Office and SharePoint to bring web services right into your documents and sites.
The admin portal provides IT detailed configuration options for your services, either from an online portal or through automated management with PowerShell commands.
||Get peace of mind knowing your services are available with a guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially backed service level agreement (SLA).
||Cutting-edge security practices with five layers of security and proactive monitoring help keep your data safe.
||Your data belongs to you. Microsoft does not scan emails or documents for advertising purposes.
|Up to date
||No need to pay for version upgrades; updates are included in your subscription. New features are rolled out to Office 365 customers in an IT-configurable experience.
||24/7 phone support for all IT issues. For less urgent issues, you can make service requests directly through the admin portal.
Some Office 365 for Nonprofits plans also include:
|Office suite included
||Always have the latest versions of:
- Capture your ideas however you work best—using a keyboard, pen, or a touchscreen.
- Easily format information in Excel with tools that recognize your pattern and auto-complete data.
- Easily incorporate content from PDFs to create your own great-looking Word documents.
- Design customized marketing materials that fit your brand and customers.
|Office on more devices
||Access, edit, and view Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents on iPhones, Android phones, and Windows Phones. Use the OneNote, OWA, Lync Mobile, and SharePoint Newsfeed apps on most devices.
|Office on any PC
||Stream full versions of Office programs on any Internet-connected PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8 with Office on Demand.
|Advanced email capabilities
||Use archiving and legal hold capabilities, plus unlimited storage, for compliance needs. And use data loss prevention (DLP) policies for additional compliance enforcement.
|Hosted voicemail support
||Hosted voicemail support with auto-attendant capabilities. Voicemails are recorded to Exchange Online and users can access them from Outlook, Outlook Web App, or a compatible mobile phone.
|Advanced business intelligence tools
Get the insight you need fast with interactive dashboards with Full Excel Services. Perform big data analyses and data visualization mash-ups with the new Excel client with Power Pivot and Power View.
To see all the features that are included, view the detailed service descriptions.
Find out more about the Microsoft software donation program.
Frequently asked questions
Yes. If you’re using the Office 365 Enterprise E3 for Nonprofits free trial and you purchase an Office 365 subscription with the same number of user accounts you created by the end of your free trial, the information and configuration for these users' accounts will remain intact. Once your free trial expires, you won't be able to continue using Office 365 for free. You will have an additional 30 days to purchase Office 365 before your account information is erased. Once your trial account information has been erased, it cannot be retrieved.
Microsoft experts are trained IT and development companies that can help you move to Office 365 or develop custom solutions for your business. You can find a listing of all of our Microsoft experts in Microsoft Pinpoint.
Two of the Office 365 for Nonprofits plans (Office 365 Small Business Premium for Nonprofits, which is coming soon, and Office 365 Enterprise E3 for Nonprofits) include the latest desktop version of Office, which delivers the best experience for all your users and makes it easy for IT to manage deployment and upgrades. For the Office 365 plans that do not come with the latest desktop version of Office, Office 365 supports Office 2010, Office 2007 (with slightly limited functionality), and Office 2011 for Mac, so you can take advantage of the rich Office 365 cloud services such as business-class email, HD video conferencing, and file sharing.
Internet access is required to install and activate all Office 365 plans and to manage your subscription account. Internet connectivity is also required to access Office 365 cloud productivity services, including email, conferencing, IT management, and other services.
Many Office 365 plans also include the desktop version of Office, for example, Office 365 Small Business Premium for Nonprofits (coming soon) and Office 365 Enterprise E3 for Nonprofits. One of the benefits of having the desktop version of Office applications is that you can work offline and have the confidence that the next time you connect to the Internet all your work will automatically sync, so you never have to worry about your documents being up to date. Your desktop version of Office is also automatically kept up to date and upgraded when you connect to the Internet, so you always have the latest tools to help you work. Compare Office 365 for Nonprofits plans.
Find out more