If your organization uses Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services to share information, you can publish a form template (form template: In InfoPath, a file or set of files that defines the data structure, appearance, and behavior of a form.) to a form library (form library: A folder in which a collection of forms based on the same template is stored and shared. Each form in a form library is associated with user-defined information that is displayed in the content listing for that library.) located on a SharePoint site. Users can then fill out forms that are stored in that form library.
To publish a form to a form library, you must have access to a Windows SharePoint Services site, as well as permissions to create a form library on that site.
- In design mode, open the form template you want to set as the default for all forms created in the form library.
- On the File menu, click Publish.
- On the first page of the Publishing Wizard, click Next.
- Under Where do you want to publish this form, click To a SharePoint form library, and then click Next.
- Under Do you want to, click Create a new form library (recommended), and then click Next.
- Complete the remaining steps in the Publishing Wizard.
- In the Enter the location of your SharePoint site box, enter the address of the Windows SharePoint Services site.
- In the Name box, type a name for the form.
Note The form name, which is used to identify the form if you update it or republish it, will appear on the default view of the form library.
- In the Description box, type a description of the form, and then click Next.
Note The description will appear on the default view of the form library.
- On the next page of the wizard, if you want to display data from your form in the form library, click Add, click the field you want to display in a column, and then type a name for the column in the Column name box.
- If you selected a repeating field, you can define how you want to display the field in the form library by clicking a value in the Choose a function to use on repeating data box.
Note You can choose whether to display the first value in the field, the last value, a count of all occurrences of the field, or whether to merge all the values together.
- Click Finish.
- To send users an e-mail message telling them about the form, click Notify Users, and then complete and send the e-mail message.
Note To complete this step, you must be using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.
- To close the wizard, click Close.