Freeforms I drew won't align evenly.
- Instead of using the Align or Distribute (Drawing toolbar, Draw menu) command, try aligning the objects by moving them.
- Hold down CTRL and press the ARROW keys to nudge the freeform in 1-pixel increments.
- If Snap to Grid (Drawing toolbar, Draw menu, Grid and Guides command) is selected, temporarily turn it off by pressing ALT as you drag a freeform.
I can't resize an object.
Either the Resize object to fit text option or the Lock aspect ratio option is selected. Select the object and then do one of the following:
- On the Format menu, click AutoShape or Text Box, and then click the Text Box tab. Clear the Resize AutoShape to fit text check box.
- On the Format menu, click the command for the type of object you selected — for example, AutoShape or Picture. Click the Size tab, and then clear the Lock aspect ratio check box.
Colors within objects or on the background aren't smooth.
If your monitor is capable of showing only 16 colors, colors might not appear smooth. Objects are displayed best on monitors that have more than 256 colors.
I can't make an area transparent.
It might be difficult to see the transparent effect in a photograph or picture; the color you select might appear in a very small area. What might appear to be a single color, such as blue sky, can actually be a range of subtle color variations.
Freehand drawing is hard to control.
I can't add a picture or drawing object to my notes pane.
You can't draw or place pictures in the notes pane in normal view. Switch to notes page view (on the View menu, click Notes Page), and draw or add the picture there. Drawing objects and pictures appear when you print notes pages or switch to notes page view.
An object or picture doesn't appear on every slide.
Add the drawing object or picture to the slide master (slide master: The main slide that stores information about the theme and layouts of a presentation, including the background, color, fonts, effects, placeholder sizes, and positions.). On the View menu, point to Master, and then click Slide Master. Add the drawing object or picture you want, and then click Close Master View on the Master View toolbar to return to normal view. If you have a title master (title master: The slide that stores information from the design template pertaining to styles on title slides, including placeholder sizes and positions, background design, and color schemes.), you will also need to add the object or picture to the title slide.
If you have added the object or picture to the slide master, the background may be set to omit graphics. On the Format menu, click Background, and ensure that the Omit background graphics from master check box is cleared.
I can't select or change an object or text.
I want to select an object that I inserted, but I can't see it.
The object might be hidden behind another object or it might not have a fill or border. If the object is in a stack of objects, select the object on top. Press the TAB key to cycle through the objects until sizing handles appear on the object you want to select.
I want to select an object that is difficult to select because it's too close to other objects.
- Select another object, and then press the TAB key until the object you want is selected.
- Try working in a larger view. Click Zoom to magnify the view and make it easier to select objects that are close together.