- If you don't see the outline symbols , , and , click Options on the Tools menu, click the View tab, and then select the Outline symbols check box.
- Do one or more of the following:
Show or hide the details for a group
- To display the detail data within a group, click the for the group.
- To hide the detail for a group, click the for the group.
Expand or collapse the entire outline to a particular level
- In the outline symbols, click the number of the level you want. Detail at lower levels is then hidden.
For example, if an outline has four levels, you can hide the fourth level while displaying the rest of the levels by clicking .
Show or hide all of the outlined detail
- To show all detail, click the lowest level in the outline symbols. For example, if there are three levels, click .
- To hide all detail, click .