This feature is available in the Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English (U.S.), and Japanese language versions of Microsoft Office.
Change speech recognition engines to dictate in another language or to use a third-party engine.
- In the Microsoft Windows XP Control Panel, click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices, and then click Speech. In the Windows 2000 Control Panel, double-click the Speech icon.
- Click the Speech Recognition tab.
- Under Language, select a speech recognition engine.
If you switch speech recognition engines:
- To use dictation you must switch keyboard layouts to match the language of the speech engine.
- To use voice commands, ensure that the language user interface of the program you're working in matches that of the speech engine.