This feature is available in the Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, Japanese, and Korean language versions of Microsoft Office. Because handwriting recognition is not installed by default in all of these languages, you may need to install it separately.
- On the Language bar, click Writing Pad or Write Anywhere .
If neither Writing Pad or Write Anywhere is available, click Handwriting on the Language bar, and then select Writing Pad or Write Anywhere .
- Click Options in the top left corner of the Writing Pad box or the Write Anywhere toolbar, and then click Options.
- Select or change any of the following options:
On the Common tab
Pen color or width
- Under Pen color, click a color.
- Under Pen width, click a pen width.
Automatic space after words
- To turn on or off automatic space after words, under Recognition, select or clear the Add space after insertion check box.
- To turn on or off automatic recognition, under Recognition, select or clear the Automatic recognition check box.
- To change the rate at which handwriting is recognized, under Recognition, move the slider to the left or right.
Toolbar button layout and size
- Under Toolbar layout, click an option to change layout to the right or the left.
- Under Toolbar layout, click an option to use small or large buttons.
On the Writing Pad tab
- Under Writing surface, click a color.
The surface color under Background preview will change.
Number of lines you can write on
- Under Number of Lines, click a number.