Choosing the Discard my customized settings and restore default settings option will set the following back to the state they appeared in when you first installed Office:
- The Assistant character selection
- Most-recently-used entries on the File menu will be removed
- The size of the application window for all applications
- Menu and toolbar position and any customizations
- The security level for each application
- View settings within the application, such as the Calendar view in Outlook
Your User Name and Initials will also need to be re-entered when you restart your Office applications.
- On the Help menu, click Detect and Repair.
To restore the program shortcuts to the Windows Start menu, make sure the Restore my shortcuts while repairing check box is selected.
- Click Start.
- This procedure detects and repairs problems such as missing files and registry settings associated with all installed Microsoft Office programs. It will not repair personal files, such as spreadsheets or documents.
- If the Detect and Repair command does not fix the problem, you might need to reinstall Microsoft Office.