Returns the base-2 logarithm of a complex number in x + yi or x + yj text format.
If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.
- On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
- In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click OK.
- If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.
Inumber is a complex number for which you want the base-2 logarithm.
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- The base-2 logarithm of a complex number can be calculated from the natural logarithm as follows:
The example may be easier to understand if you copy it to a blank worksheet.
How to copy an example
- Create a blank workbook or worksheet.
- Select the example in the Help topic.
Note Do not select the row or column headers.
Selecting an example from Help
- Press CTRL+C.
- In the worksheet, select cell A1, and press CTRL+V.
- To switch between viewing the results and viewing the formulas that return the results, press CTRL+` (grave accent), or on the Formulas tab, in the Formula Auditing group, click the Show Formulas button.
||Base-2 logarithm of 3+4i (2.321928 + 1.337804i)