As a pioneer in online data services, Microsoft builds on deep industry experience to incorporate cutting-edge security practices from development through to administration and maintenance.
- Deep Experience. We have developed our practices and policies as a result of over 15 years of experience in providing security for online data.
- Secure Development Lifecycle. Microsoft Secure Development Lifecycle ensures that security and privacy are incorporated into our products by design, from software development to service operations.
- 5 Layers of Security. Data is secured in five different layers—data, application, host, network, and physical.
- Proactive Monitoring. We proactively monitor Office 365 services to identify potential known and unknown threats by predicting malicious behavior. We also monitor for irregular events that may indicate threats.
- Access Restriction. Microsoft restricts our production server access to a short list of critical operations personnel.
Learn more about our security practices.