You use the Manage e-Payment Account Wizard to activate or cancel your subscription; modify or add company, payment or BACS information; and view usage and billing information.
Subscriptions to the Albany e-Payment Service for Microsoft Office Accounting 2008 are available on a per-company basis. You cannot manage or use the e-Payment Service with the sample companies that are installed with Microsoft Office Accounting 2008.
Before starting the Manage e-Payment Account Wizard, ensure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
- In Office Accounting 2008, open the company for which you want to subscribe to the e-Payment Service.
- On the Banking menu, point to e-Payment Service and then click Sign Up or Manage e-Payment Account. If you have already run the e-Payment Service Sign-up Wizard, the Manage e-Payment Account Wizard opens automatically.
Sign in to Windows Live ID
On the Sign in to Windows Live ID page, you must set up a Windows Live ID (user name and password) if you do not already have one. Windows Live ID is an online service that e-Payment Service uses to verify your identity when you issue BACS payments or manage your account.
Important It is recommended that you use a strong password for your account. Strong passwords help keep your account secure by making it more difficult for a malicious user to gain access. A strong password must be at least seven characters long and must contain letters, numerals and symbols. The password should not contain recognisable words or dates, which can make a password easier for a malicious user to detect. An example of a strong password might be @sdE-.A^. For more information, see Creating strong passwords.
Important Store your Windows Live ID in a safe place and do not share your Windows Live ID with other users. To help ensure that unauthorised users cannot gain access to details about your e-Payment Service account, you may want to create a Windows Live ID specifically for use in making BACS payments and managing your account.
- On the Sign in to Windows Live ID page, do one of the following:
- If you already have a Windows Live ID, click Sign In. On the following page, sign in with your Windows Live ID. You can also use this page to determine whether you want to be prompted for your Windows Live ID, or your user name or password, each time you use the service.
- If you do not have a Windows Live ID, click Get a Windows Live ID. Follow the instructions on the Web page that opens to create a Windows Live ID.
The Manage service page contains the options that are available in the Manage e-Payment Wizard.
Select one of the following options and then click Next:
- Activate service—Select this option if you have received an e-mail message from e-Payment Service advising you that your subscription has been processed and is ready to use.
- Modify account information—Select this option to modify your contact information.
- Modify BACS information—Select this option if you have received a Service User Number (SUN) from your bank and need to add it to your subscription information or if you have changed banks.
- Service usage & billing information—Select this option to view the number of transactions that you have submitted for the current month or if you want to view your payment information.
- View terms of service—Select this option to view the e-Payment Service terms of service.
- Cancel service—Select this option to cancel your subscription.
After e-Payment Service processes your subscription, you will receive an e-mail message advising you that your subscription is ready to use. You can then activate your subscription and begin issuing BACS payments through e-Payment Service.
- On the Activate service page of the wizard, click Activate.
Account subscription information
On the Account subscription information page, you can modify your contact information.
- Modify the information in the appropriate boxes and then click Next.
On the BACS information page, you add or modify your SUN and bank name. The SUN identifies your organisation to BACS and enables e-Payment Service to process your BACS payments.
After you complete the e-Payment Service Sign-up Wizard, Albany Software will send you information in an e-mail message about how to obtain a SUN from your bank. When you receive the SUN, you add it to this page of the Manage e-Payment Wizard.
- On the BACS information page, do either of the following and then click Finish:
- Click My Service User Number is and then enter your SUN.
- Under Bank name, select a different bank from the list.
Your e-Payment Service subscription includes a set number of transactions per month. Every transaction represents a single BACS payment. On the Service usage page of the wizard, you can compare the number of transactions specified by your subscription to the number of transactions that you have made for the current month.
- On the Service usage page, view your transaction information and then do one of the following:
- Click Finish to proceed to the Payment information page of the wizard.
- Click Cancel to close the wizard.
Note To view a summary of the MSN services to which you subscribe and the payment methods that you use, click the Billing and account management link on this page. Your billing information will open in a separate window.
On the Payment information page, you can modify information about the credit card to which your e-Payment Service subscription is charged.
- Under Payment information, type your credit card details.
- Under Billing address, type the billing address that is associated with the credit card and then click Next.
Billing account overview
The Billing account overview page contains a summary of the MSN services to which you subscribe and the payment methods that you use.
- View your billing and service information and then click any of the links on the page to see more detailed information.
- Click the X in the upper-right corner of the page to close the window.
Terms of service
The Terms of service page contains the e-Payment Service service agreement.
- Review the terms of service and then click Cancel to close the wizard.
On the Cancel service page, you specify the reason that you are cancelling your subscription and provide feedback about e-Payment Service.
- In the Reason for cancellation list, select the reason that you are cancelling your subscription.
- In Other reasons, provide your feedback on the service.
- Review the cancellation policy and then click Next.
- On the Order confirmation page, click Finish.