Every object in Microsoft Visio has a ShapeSheet spreadsheet that stores information about that object. That includes every document, page, style, shape, group, shape or object within a group, master, object from another program, guide, and guide point. The ShapeSheet spreadsheet contains formulas that determine the object's appearance and behavior, such as its height, width, angle, and color.
In Visio 2010, the ShapeSheet is located on the Developer tab, which is not displayed by default. To show the Developer tab, do the following:
- Click the File tab.
- Under Help, click Options.
- Click Customize Ribbon.
- Under Customize the Ribbon, select the Developer check box.
To open the ShapeSheet, do the following:
- On the Developer tab, in the Shape Design group, click the arrow below Show ShapeSheet and then do one of the following:
- To open the ShapeSheet for a selected shape, click Shape.
- To open the ShapeSheet for the active page, click Page.
- To open the ShapeSheet for the entire drawing, click Document.