There are two ways to change the order of the subnodes in a PivotDiagram. You can either automatically re-order all of the nodes in a level, or you can manually move a single node within a level.
Automatically re-order all of the nodes in a level
Use the Sort button on the PivotDiagram menu to change the order of the nodes in a level according to a value in the data. For example, let's say you have a top node with sales broken down by salesperson. You can order the salesperson nodes by name or by how much profit each salesperson made.
- Select the Breakdown shape (Breakdown shape: A shape in a PivotDiagram, positioned along the connector between a parent PivotDiagram node and the children of that node.) for the level that you want to sort.
- On the PivotDiagram menu or toolbar, click Sort.
- In the Breakdown Options dialog box, select a category (usually a column from your data source) and an aggregation (like Sum, Min, or Max) by which to order the nodes, and then click OK.
Manually move a single node within a level
- Click the node that you want to move.
- On the PivotDiagram toolbar, click Move Left/Up or Move Right/Down .
Note To show the PivotDiagram toolbar, on the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click PivotDiagram.
For more information about PivotDiagrams, see Create a PivotDiagram.