Use the Poll Page feature to conduct polls.
An easy way to keep attendees engaged is by using polling slides. Polls provide the opportunity to conduct a basic needs assessment, encourage attendee participation, or solicit feedback from the audience during the Live Meeting. After you have created a poll, you can choose to display or hide the results of the poll for the attendees. You can also open or close the polls for the attendees. Using the options given in a Poll Page, you can modify the poll question and reset the results.
Note All polling results are available for review or export after the meeting. Using Live Meeting service, you can export polls as CSV or HTML files and can save the polls for future reference. If you are using Office Communications Server 2007 to schedule a Live Meeting, you can export polls as an XML file.
For example, you can conduct a poll to judge the experience levels of the new hires. This will engage your audience and help you define the depth of the content to be covered in the orientation program.
To conduct a poll, do the following:
- In the Content pane, click Share, and then click Poll Page.
- In the Create Poll dialog box, type the question that you want to ask the attendees.
- Type labels for each choice and click OK. The poll is displayed to all the attendees.
- To answer the poll, attendees need to select their responses from the choices displayed on the screen. To select a response, click the corresponding colored box or the option button.
- To have attendees view the results of the poll, click the Show Poll Results icon at the bottom of the interface.
- If you don't want to share the results of the poll with the attendees, you can hide the results. To hide the results of the poll, click Hide Poll Results.
- To modify the poll question or choices, click Edit Poll. The Edit Poll dialog box is displayed. You can now modify the poll question or choices.
- After gathering responses from the attendees, you can close the poll. This will prevent attendees from voting and changing their answers. To close the poll, click Close Polls. To open the poll again, click Open Polls.
- To delete the poll results, click Clear Polls. The Confirm Clear Poll Results message box is displayed. To clear the polls, click OK.
Note You can also right-click on the Poll Page and select the appropriate option to manage polls, such as Show/Hide Poll Results, Close Polls, Edit Poll, and Clear Polls.