Set up a webcam to include video in a Live Meeting.
Live Meeting allows you to use a webcam to view the presenters and the participants in real time. The inclusion of your video will enable you to include additional collaborative elements in your meeting. For example, you will include video by using a webcam in your orientation program, so that the new hires can view the presenter and their colleagues during the training.
To include video by using a webcam, do the following:
- Connect the webcam to your computer.
Note If you are installing a webcam for the first time, follow the instructions provided with the webcam.
- Join your meeting. Live Meeting automatically starts the video so that you can view the attendees who have connected a webcam to their computers.
- To show your video, in the Voice & Video pane, click the Web camera drop-down menu, and then click Start My Video. Other attendees can now view you in the Live Meeting presentation area.
- If the main video is not visible, click the Voice & Video menu. In the Voice & Video pane, click the Web camera drop-down menu, and then click Show Main Video.
Note When you click a menu button on the menu bar, it opens the respective pane. You can drag the pane anywhere in the Live Meeting interface.
- To preview your video, in the Voice & Video pane, click the Web camera drop-down menu, and then click Show My Preview.
- To check the video settings, in the Voice & Video pane, click Options, and then click Set Up Audio and Video. Follow the instructions in the wizard to specify and test your webcam connectivity. Upon successful running of the Set Up Audio and Video Wizard, you need to send your video to other attendees to view it.