You can save a Groove workspace as a compressed archive file (.gsa) and later open the archived workspace as a new Groove workspace.
Note You cannot save a SharePoint workspace as an archive.
Saving a Groove workspace as an archive preserves:
- The collection of tools and custom tool names.
- The workspace name.
- The contents in all tools.
- The list of members in the workspace.
Note When you restore the workspace from the archive, all members (other than the member restoring the workspace) appear as "suspended". You can subsequently re-invite the suspended members.
Note You cannot save a shared folder as an archive.
To save a workspace as an archive, do the following:
- On the File tab, click Save & Send, and then click Workspace as Archive.
- Select a path and filename in the Save As dialog box or accept the default location, and click Save.
Tip If you accept the default location (the Groove Workspace Archives folder in My Documents), the archived workspace file will display in the file list when you create a new workspace from an archive.
- Optional but recommended: Set a password to protect the archive content.
- Click OK.