By default, the ruler in PowerPoint displays measurements in inches. If you want to view and work with centimeters, you must configure Microsoft Windows. You cannot change the measurement units directly in PowerPoint.
- In Windows click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Regional Options or Regional and Language Options.
The options that appear are different for each version of Windows:
- If you are working in Windows XP, click the Regional Options tab, and then click Customize. On the Numbers tab, in the Measurement system list, click Metric.
- If you are not using Windows XP, look for a Numbers option that includes a Measurements setting, and then change the value to Metric.
- Apply the changes, and then start PowerPoint.
The rulers will now display measurements in the system that you have chosen.
Tip To change back from centimeters to inches, select U.S. from the Measurement System drop-down list.