By using the Ink (ink: The writing or drawing strokes made with a tablet pen or mouse.) features in the 2007 Microsoft Office system, you can use a Tablet PC (Tablet PC: A computer that runs Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. With a Tablet PC, you can write directly on the screen by using a tablet pen and use the pen to perform mouse functions. Also known as a tablet computer.) and a tablet pen (tablet pen: The pen that comes with a Tablet PC and is used to interact with the tablet screen.) to create a handwritten signature for your e-mail messages.
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 enables you to create personalized e-mail signatures composed of text and images. You add your handwritten signature to an Outlook e-mail signature, and then you can configure Outlook to automatically add the signature to your outgoing messages, or allow you to manually add the signature when you want to do so.
What do you want to do?
Step 1: Create the signature
- In an open e-mail message, on the Message tab, in the Pen group, tap Start Inking.
- With your pen, write your signature in the body of the message.
- On the Pen tab, tap Select Objects, and then tap your signature to select it.
Note If there are spaces between letters or words in the signature, you may have to select multiple items.
- Tap and then hold your pen to the screen, and when the shortcut menu appears, tap Copy.
- Tap outside of the selected text, and on the Insert tab, in the Include group, tap Signature, and then tap Signatures.
- On the E-mail Signature tab, tap New.
- Enter a name for the signature, and then tap OK.
- In the Edit signature text box, tap and then hold your pen to the screen, and when the shortcut menu appears, tap Paste.
- If you choose, you can add other elements, such as text, your Electronic Business Card (Electronic Business Card: A view of specific information about a contact, in a format similar to a paper-based business card, that can be inserted into messages.), or other images. For more information on creating signatures, see Create and include a signature in outgoing messages.
- After you finish creating the signature, click OK.
Note The signature that you just created won't appear in the currently open message; it must be manually inserted into the message. For more information, see "Step 2: Add the signature to messages."
Top of Page
Step 2: Add the signature to messages
You can set a signature to be added automatically to outgoing messages, or you can manually insert a signature when needed.
Insert a signature automatically
- In a new message, on the Message tab, in the Include group, tap Signature, and then tap Signatures.
- Under Choose default signature, in the E-mail account list, select an e-mail account with which you want to associate the signature.
- In the New messages list, select the signature that you want.
- If you want a signature to be included in message replies and in forwarded messages, in the Replies/forwards list, select the signature. If not, select none.
- Tap OK.
Insert a signature manually
- In a new message, on the Message tab, in the Include group, tap Signature, and then select the signature that you want.
Top of Page