When you unlock password-protected sections in your notebook, OneNote keeps these sections available for a period of time before locking them again. You can specify that period of time, and you can set custom options for password protection.
Note The feature or functionality described in this topic is available only if you have installed Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Service Pack 1. To learn more about the service pack and how to download it, see Service pack features in OneNote 2003.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- In the Category list, click Passwords.
- Under Passwords, do any of the following:
- To protect notebook sections after a specified amount of time, select the Lock password-protected sections after I have not worked in them for the following amount of time check box, and then in the list, click the amount of time you want.
- To protect notebook sections immediately after you're done working in them, select the Lock password-protected sections as soon as I navigate away from them check box.