What's new in Office 2010
The Office Blog
Security Use strong passwords that combine uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Passwords should be 8 or more characters in length. A pass phrase that uses 14 or more characters is better. For more information, see Help protect your personal information with strong passwords.It is critical that you remember your password. If you forget your password, Microsoft cannot retrieve it. Store the passwords that you write down in a secure place away from the information that they help protect.
- Open the document.
- Enter the password (password: A sequence of characters needed to access computer systems, files, and Internet services. Strong passwords combine uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.) when prompted.
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and click the Security tab.
- In the Password to open box or the Password to modify box, select the placeholder symbols (usually asterisks) that represent the existing password.
- Do one of the following:
- To remove the password, press DELETE, and then click OK.
- To change the password, type the new password, and then click OK.
If you changed the password, reenter the new password, and then click OK.
If you purchase, install, and activate a qualifying Microsoft Office 2007 product between March 5, 2010, and September 30, 2010, you could be eligible to download Office 2010 at no additional cost.