Remove borders from a table
When you add a table to a document, it’s automatically inserted with plain black borders around it and around every cell in it. Even if you’ve added other borders to this table, you can remove all or some of the borders.
Remove all the borders from a table
- Select the table by placing your cursor on the table until the table move handle appears in the upper left corner.
- Click Table Tools > Design > Borders:
- Click No Border:
Remove certain borders from a table or from certain cells
- Select the cell(s) whose border(s) you want to remove by dragging your mouse across it (them).
- Click Table Tools > Design > Borders and make your selection.
Remove a specific border (or more than one) from your table
- Click inside your table.
- Click Table Tools > Design > Line Style > No Border. Your cursor becomes a paintbrush that you can use to hand-erase any borders you want to remove.