By setting the margins, you can specify how worksheets appear on a printed page. You can also quickly center worksheets horizontally or vertically on a printed page.
- Select the worksheet or worksheets you want to print.
When you enter or change data, the changes affect all selected sheets. These changes may replace data on the active sheet and other selected sheets.
Note If sheet tabs have been color-coded, the sheet tab name will be underlined in a user-specified color when selected. If the sheet tab is displayed with a background color, the sheet has not been selected.
Cancel a selection of multiple sheets
To cancel a selection of multiple sheets in a workbook, click any unselected sheet.
If no unselected sheet is visible, right-click the tab of a selected sheet. Then click Ungroup Sheets on the shortcut menu.
- On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Margins tab.
- Do one of the following:
Set page margins
To apply the same page margins to new worksheets or workbooks, you can create a worksheet or workbook template.
Set header or footer margins
- To change the distance from the top edge to the header, enter a new margin size in the Header box.
- To change the distance from the bottom edge to the footer, enter a new margin size in the Footer box.
These settings should be smaller than your top and bottom margin settings, and larger than or equal to the minimum printer margins.
Center the page horizontally or vertically
- Under Center on page, select the Horizontally or Vertically check box.
Tip To see how the margins will affect the printed worksheet, click Print Preview before the worksheet is printed. To adjust the margins in print preview, click Margins, and then drag the black margin handles on either side and at the top of the page.