Saving to the Web frees you from worrying about where you stored your workbook. All you need is the link to get to it from wherever you are, with whatever device you want. And you can choose to share the same link with coworkers, which means you can all work on the same file, instead of emailing around different versions and making sense of it later.
To save to the Web, you’ll need a Microsoft account. If you use Hotmail, Messenger, or Xbox Live, you already have one. And if you don’t have one, you can create one when you save your workbook.
- Click File >Save As.
- Click Add a Place.
- Under Add a Place, click OneDrive.
- Click Microsoft account to sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Enter your Microsoft account and password, and click Sign In.
Tip If you use Hotmail, Messenger, or Xbox Live, you already have a Microsoft account. If you don't have one, click Sign up at the bottom of the window to create a new Microsoft account. You might have to scroll down in the window to see the Sign up option.
- As soon as you sign in, your OneDrive will show up under Places. Select it, and then under Recent Folders, pick your OneDrive Documents folder. If you don’t see it, click Browse for Additional Folders.
- Type a name for your file and click Save.
Next step for sharing your workbook
After you save your workbook to OneDrive, you can share it with other people.
- Click File > Share.
- Select the type of sharing you want to do. For example, to send an email message with a link to your workbook, click Email, and then click Send a Link.