Outlook for Mac can automatically set up accounts from many popular ISP (ISP: An acronym for Internet service provider, a type of company that provides Internet services such as e-mail, chat rooms, or access to the World Wide Web. Some ISPs are multinational and offer access in many locations, while others are limited to a specific region/country.), as well as email service providers like Outlook.com (previously known as Hotmail), AOL, Gmail, MobileMe, and Yahoo.
If Outlook can't set up an account automatically, you can configure it manually. When setting up manually, you’ll need additional information about your account, for instance the account type and addresses of mail servers. Outlook supports both POP (POP: En almindelig type internetbaseret mailkonto. Eksempler er Windows Live Hotmail og Yahoo! -mail. Når du har tilføjet en POP-konto til Outlook, vises meddelelser fra den konto på mappelisten under På min computer). and IMAP IMAP: En almindelig type internetbaseret mailkonto som Gmail, AOL Mail og mange andre. Mails fra disse konti vises i mapperne på mappelisten i Outlook under navnet på kontoen. accounts. To learn more about each account type, see POP account basic settings and IMAP account basic settings.
If you have a Microsoft Exchange account (Microsoft Exchange account: An account managed by Microsoft Exchange Server. Microsoft Exchange accounts are used by organizations with many users. They make it possible to synchronize e-mail, calendars, and contacts between multiple computers.), see Add an Exchange account.
Add an email account
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- In the lower-left corner of the Accounts dialog box, click Add , and then click E-mail.
- Enter your email address and password, and then click Add Account.
If the Add Account button is unavailable
- Enter the information about your account, including the following required fields: User name, Type, Incoming server, and Outgoing server. If your email service requires Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for either the incoming or outgoing server, select the Use SSL to connect check box for that server.
- Use the information from table below for Outlook.com accounts:
|Port for the incoming server
|Port for the outgoing server
When the process of adding the account is complete, the account appears in the left pane of the Accounts dialog box, and Outlook begins downloading your messages.
- Your email service provider may require you to enable POP or IMAP access through its Web site before you can use the account in Outlook.
- If you add a POP account and another type of account, messages from the POP account appear in the Inbox under On My Computer in the folder list (folder list: The list of your mail folders visible in the navigation pane, which is the pane on the left side of the main Outlook window. The folder list is only visible in Mail view.).
- With POP and IMAP email accounts, email messages are the only items (Elementer: Oplysningsenheder i Outlook, f.eks. mails, kalenderbegivenheder, kontakter, opgaver og noter). that are synchronized between Outlook and the mail server. Other items that you create in Outlook — such as contacts, calendar events, tasks, and notes — are stored on your computer, not on the mail server.
- To delete an account, in the left pane of the Accounts dialog box, select an account, and then click Delete . When you delete a POP account, existing messages from that account remain in Outlook, but no further messages are downloaded or sent. When you delete an IMAP account, all messages from that account are deleted from Outlook, but any copies of messages that you have on the server remain there. Items other than messages, such as contacts and events, are not affected when you delete a POP or IMAP account.
I can't send or receive messages with my email account
Specify the default account