The Access 2007 Student database template is ready to use the first time that you open it, but you can also customize the database to better suit your needs. Watch this short demo to see how you can add a field to a table, and then how to add that field to a form or report.
Watch this >>
Problems watching the video? Try our troubleshooting tips.
Tip Access 2010 features 5 web database templates that you can publish to Access Services on a SharePoint Server. Then, you can use the database in a browser. Read an article or try Office 2010!
In the video
In this video, we customize the Students database by adding a new field to the Students table, and then adding that field to the Student List form, the Student Details form, and the All Students report.
Add a field to the Students table
- Close all open tabs.
- In the Navigation Pane, double-click the Students table.
- Scroll to the right until you see the column named Add New Field. Double-click the column heading, and type in the field name.
The first time you enter data in the column, Access sets the data type for you.
Add a field to a form or report
Once a field has been added to a table, you can then add it to a form or report.
- Right-click the form or report in the Navigation Pane and then click Layout View.
- On the Format tab, in the Controls group, click Add Existing Fields.
- Drag the field you want from the Field List to the form or report.
Top of Page