To make a change that will affect multiple slides, change the slide master (slide master: The main slide that stores information about the theme and layouts of a presentation, including the background, color, fonts, effects, placeholder sizes, and positions.). Typical changes include inserting art (for example, a logo), changing the font or bullet style, and changing placeholder (placeholders: Boxes with dotted or hatch-marked borders that are part of most slide layouts. These boxes hold title and body text or objects such as charts, tables, and pictures.) formatting, size, and position.
Note You can remove placeholders from a slide master or title master (title master: The slide that stores information from the design template pertaining to styles on title slides, including placeholder sizes and positions, background design, and color schemes.), and you can later replace placeholders that you have removed, but you cannot add any new placeholders.
To change slides that use a Title Slide layout (layout: The arrangement of elements, such as title and subtitle text, lists, pictures, tables, charts, AutoShapes, and movies, on a slide.), change the title master (title master: The slide that stores information from the design template pertaining to styles on title slides, including placeholder sizes and positions, background design, and color schemes.). For more information about how to apply a different layout to a slide master, title master, or individual slide, click one of the links in the See Also box, which is visible when you are connected to the Internet.
- On the View menu, point to Master, and then click Slide Master.
- In the thumbnails (thumbnail: A miniature representation of a picture.) on the left, click the slide master or title master that you want to change. If you don't see the title master that you want, insert it.
Insert a title master
- Click the slide master whose title master you want to insert.
- On the Master View toolbar, click Insert New Title Master .
- On the slide master or title master, make the changes that you want.
- To return to normal view, on the Slide Master View toolbar, click Close Master View.
Note If there is more than one slide master in your presentation, you must make your changes to each master if you want to affect all of the slides.